A unique University that will train highly qualified Spiritual and Yog teachers for spreading the true and ancient science of “Yog” around the world will be built in the state of Odisha. The project will be a part of a spiritual community that will include a Gurukul, a Yog & Naturopathy Health Care Center, a Yogashram, a Charitable Hospital, and Organic cultivation farms.
The proposed university will be developed 5 kms from Naraj, in Cuttack district, 14 kms from Cuttack station and close to Bhubaneswar, Odisha, in multiple
stages. In the first stage, 110 acres of land has been finalised, and a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed by the Trust and the Government of Odisha.
- Bachelors and Masters in Yogic Sciences.
- Bachelors and Masters in Vedic Sciences.
- Teachers, Professors and Principals re-orientation programmes, with special emphasis on Morals and Ethics.
- Bachelors and Masters in Naturopathy.
- Bachelors and Masters in Bhakti Yog, in accordance with the philosophy of Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj.
- Research work – Doctorate – in Naturopathy, Vedic Sciences, Bhakti and Yogic Sciences.
- One year diploma courses in all the above.
- One month introductory courses in all the above.
- One month Yog instructors course.
- Karm-kand training courses for priests for temples in India and abroad.
- Orientation programmes for Doctors in Yog Therapy.
Secular Courses- The students will also get an opportunity to do non-spiritual courses that offer the maximum job opportunities in the modern world, such as Information Technology and Business Management. This will enable them to get excellent careers in secular fields, if they so desire.
- To Prepare Qualified teachers, who can then go to schools, colleges and industrial houses to teach the sciences of Spirituality, Yog and Mind management. At present, everyone realizes the imbalance in the education system, due to lack of spiritual education.
- Introduction of moral education in all educational institutions. The creation of a qualified class of spiritual teachers will enable the introduction of spiritual education in society.
- To give the spiritually-minded youth a chance to make a career in spirituality, by enabling them to earn a degree, and utilize it for teaching jobs.
- To enable character building through higher education.
- To reinforce ethics and morals so that the students may pass these on to the society at large.
- For the upliftment of the underprivileged segments of society, free education and financial support will be given to 25 percent students from such segments of society.
- The Proposed University will set a role model for the Universities of the country, in building the moral character of the people.
Yoga Therapy and Naturopathy Healthcare Centre. It will attract outdoor patients from nearby towns and also neighboring villages. Also, indoor patients desirous of benefiting from yog therapy.
Gurukul. Will train children from childhood in the life of purity, charity, austerity, and spiritual knowledge.
Yogashram. Yoga shibirs will be conducted for the general public, for members, and for industrial houses. Such shibirs will be of 3 days duration, one week duration, two weeks duration and four weeks duration.
Old-age home. Devotionally minded people, who are leading a retired life, will be invited to come and stay in a spiritual environment. They will also be given an opportunity to lend voluntary seva in the above projects, and will form the manpower base for the project.
Hospital. The villagers of the nearby Banara village have demanded a hospital for them. Such a hospital, equipped with modern facilities will be built, to provide medical aid to everyone residing within 10 kilometers of the ashram.
Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj inaugurated Yogasharam, Meditation Hall and Hospital at Jagadguru Kripalu University
January 21st, 2012
Jagadguru Shree Kripaluji Maharaj inaugurated the Yogasharam, Meditation Hall and the Hospital blo[...]