Daily Dietary Check
SCIENCE OF HEALTHY DIET / November 28, 2018
To ensure you are in tune with the science of Healthy diet, ensure you are following check points in your diet:
- 2 servings of fresh seasonal fruit. One serving is approximately 100 grams or one moderate fruit.
- Four servings of vegetables – freshly cooked or as a salad.
- A handful of sprouts.
- A lemon a day as an early morning drink with warm water or squeezed over salads.
- A bowl of curd or buttermilk.
- Vary your choice of cereals. Replace the wheat roti atleast three-four times a week.
- Vegetarians should eat one bowl of dal everyday for the proteins.
- A fistful of nuts and dry fruits.
- Strict vegetarians should eat flaxseed or alsi for the Omega 3 Fatty Acid content.
- Drink water at the right time.
- Avoid cold drinks and iced preparations with meals.
- Try to eat when in a relaxed state of mind.
- Do not overeat. Get up from the table when you are still hungry.
- Rest a while after lunch.
- Take a comfortable stroll after dinner.