Know more about
Jagadguru Kripalu University
In Banara, Odisha, a Jagadguru Kripalu Yoga and Naturopathy Hospital and Research Center is being developed to propagate the concept of Yoga & Naturopathy system and bring it under the learning process for the benefit of mankind. It will also assist in creating nature cure physicians of the future, and help infuse an element of spirituality into the system of medicine.
The College is an integral part of JK University. It is scheduled to be commissioned very soon. The college will offer training courses at graduate & post graduate levels in Yoga Therapy & Naturopathy. A 5 year extensive graduate program, BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences) will be offered to students aspiring for a professionally rewarding career as Health Care Specialists.
The Yoga & Naturopathy College will have a research institute for study of Yoga, Naturopathy treatment techniques, Pranayam, Roop-dhyan Meditation & Subtle Body Relaxation. It will also host a centre for the cure of various diseases and clinical evaluation of the yogic approach to holistic health improvement.
Know More About
Mission & Objectives
The University is being established with the objective of achieving the following goals:
- To promote moral values, human ethics and service orientation in all students of the University, to make them exemplary citizens of the country and the world. To teach Yogic Sciences and Mind-management to all students of the University, their physical, mental and intellectual well-being.
- To innovate, develop and offer world-class spiritual education in the fields of Vedic Sciences, Yogic Sciences, Mind-management, and Naturopathy.
- To provide world-class education in secular fields such as Humanities, Sciences, Technology, Medicine, Indian Culture and Performing Arts.
- To create centers of excellence of global standards in the above secular fields that will teach students at the national and international level.
- To develop the knowledge base by promoting research in the above fields, to help capitulate Orissa and India as leaders in the impending knowledge-based society.
- To create a new career option for like-minded youth in the fields of Vedic Sciences, Yogic Sciences, Mind-management, and Naturopathy. To train brilliant, dynamic and service-oriented teachers in these fields, with the potential of conducting such classes for corporate houses, industries, educational institutions and the general public.
- To develop a Centre for Continuing Education for the benefit of women, the disabled and those who cannot undergo the regular courses.
- To run job-oriented certificate and diploma courses.
- To function as a learning resource centre.
- To undertake interdisciplinary studies with respect to Humanities, Sciences, Technology and in other fields.
- To provide opportunities for sharing of knowledge by conducting national level and international level conferences and seminars.
- To enter into mutually beneficial relationships with Industrial establishments, Corporate bodies and Public Sector undertakings.